Thursday, February 17, 2011

Advice?!?

Alright all you mamas out there I have a question.. So this cute girl here is almost 18 months old, and she seems to really have an interest in potty training. She already can tell me when she needs to go poop and we run to the bathroom and she sits on the potty and goes. She is a pretty smart little kid. So question is, is she too young to start potty training?? How do you go about it at this age? She is good about letting me know when she has to poop but I have no idea when she needs to pee. How do you figure it out? What are the best ways to start? I would love to have her potty trained before she is 2, I just don't want to rush it. Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Thanks!!

5 comments:

Misty Call said...

I don't have any good advice. In my limited experience potty training=nightmare! Which is why Addy is now 3 and STILL in diapers!!! I hate it, but she's a stubborn thing. I used the 3 day potty training method. It didn't work for us, but it does work for some. If Mayz acts ready and you feel ready, I say go for it. It seems young but who knows, maybe she'll surprise you and you'll find yourself saving lots of $$$ on diapers! Whatever you decide, good luck!

Wilson Family said...

I don't think she is too young...If she seems interested embrace it! Go bye some panties and let her choose them and set your timer for every half hour and take her every half hour and make a HUGE deal about her going on the potty when she does go. Give it at least a week. If you know she doesn't go pee as often than don't worry about every half hour, because Callie wasn't like that I only took her in like every hour. And She was potty trained at 18 months...Good Luck!

Natalie said...

well i wish i could help ya out lol paisley is still in diapers and will not i mean not to in the toilet lol she is so stubborn, but i would say it does not hurt to try lol

Marlyse said...

She's not too young! If she's showing signs of being physically ready as well as emotionally ready then go for it (there's a list on Babycenter.com with that info on it).

I did the potty train in three days with Hadley. It was hard because we had to stay home all day everyday but it REALLY worked. It was awesome. I think the key for Hadley was learning it's gross to have an accident when she stopped wearing diapers. Before that, they kind of don't know what it's like since the diaper is always there.

Anyways...if you want all the details I wrote EVERYTHING down on my blog back when I potty trained her. Just let me know if you want an invite and I'll send you the link!
mkneisly@gmail.com

Melissa said...

I say give it a try, but don't freak out if it doesn't go according to "plan." Little ones have their own plan and that's what is usually followed:) Good Luck!!